- WRITE SOON! Watch this inspiring video with a lecture from Professor Simon Peyton Jones, Microsoft Research. Seven simple suggestions: don’t wait – write, identify your key idea, tell a story, nail your contributions, put related work at the end, put your readers first, listen to your readers.
2. STYLISH ACADEMIC WRITING, WHO CARES?
Helen Sword gives her opinion on the stylishness of academic writing. What do you think?
3. THE SENSE OF STYLE: Steven Pinker gives an overview of the content of his book.
4. LESS IS MORE: that is Kristin Sainani’s message in this short but instructive video from ACS Webinars: Cut unnecessary words.
5. ZOMBIE NOUNS Helen Sword gives you a lesson on Zombie Nouns. Beware!
6. THE PASSIVE VOICE: WHEN & WHY
From the Writing Center University of Colorado